Acrylic nails are a perfect substitute to weak nails and nails that wont grow fast. Acrylic nails however should be removed carefully not to harm the nails, fingers and cuticles, because a small mistake could permanently damage the finger and nails.
Here is a simple and safe procedure to remove an acrylic nail. Some of the requirements are:
1. Tin foil
2. Cotton wool
3. Cuticle oil
4. Nail buffer
6. Nail strenghthener
8. Soaking bowl
Method in Removing acrylic Nails.
1. Find a comfortable working area, cover it with a cloth, towel or newspaper to soak spills. A bin should be close by to dump used cotton to make the working area clean. Make sure all the tools are in one place before you begin your work, then put pieces of cotton woolin acetone inside the bowl.
2. Apply vaseline around the the fingers and nail cuticles. Vaseline is normally used on sensitive skin since acetone is an abrasive and may cause irritation. Applying vaseline is optional, but it is wise to know one’s skin to avoid allergies.
3. Use the cotton wool soaked in acetone to wrap the nails covering them completely. Use the tin foil to wrap and hold the cotton inorder secure it.
4. Leave it for 15 – 20 minutes as the fake nail is softened.
5. When the fake nails are loosened from the natural nail plate, you can now file off the fake nails and buff them down completely.
6. If the fake nails have not been loosened, one can wrap up in soaked cotton again for 8 minutes and when the fake nail is loose repeat step number 5.
7. After the acrylic nails have been removed, one can file the nails using a buffer to make them look shiny and smooth.
8. From there cuticle oil can be applied inorder to moisturize the nails and remove dryness.
9. Finally, a coat of nail strengthener can be applied. One may choose do to manicure after this procedure.